Thursday, August 21, 2014

pictures of our marriage ceremony... August 9, 2014

     May the peace of Christ dwell in you richly!  I am creating this blog to communicate with you while I am geographically far away.  I want to carry out my good intentions to stay connected with the people I care about, and hopefully, to share - through stories and pictures - bits of the culture I am going to Burkina Faso to learn.
     I feel abundantly blessed to have such an adventure before me.  I have supportive and prayerful family and friends - from church, from school, in my sisters and parents, in my extended family, and in family I have yet to meet in Burkina.
     Most importantly, I am blessed to make this adventure with love by my side: the love of God and the love of the man with whom God has united me.
    The rest of this post will be a picture book of wedding photos for those of you who could not come to our wedding on August 9.  We appreciate your thoughts and prayers throughout that time.

Marriage Celebration of Adama Abdelaziz Millogo and Annette Grace Conrad, August 9, 2014, at 6:00 in the evening.


Preparations began long before August ninth; I would like to thank my family for all their hard work in beautifying the farm.


We also thank God that threats of rain vanished and a gentle summer day took their place.  Nothing could have been a clearer blessing, and I am sure it was a result of prayer.


Stella carefully arranged flowers to grace the reception tables, and made the bridal bouquet of deep pink Sweet Williams (many of the flowers were cut from a market friend's flower garden.)  And I must mention Aunt Mary, who spent hours with a hot iron over the white tablecloths.  Sesame-honey almonds on the tables - papa's suggestion for the reception...


Beautiful photography by Aunt Trealn and Stephanie Schlabach....


Belinda, the dedicated hairdresser....


Mama and Annette...

Grandma Ann Conrad helped with dress design...
Grandma Anna Mary Hoover embroidered the guest cloth...




...and lots and lots of help...










Rehearsal
Pictures:


















"go that way"

Ceremony

Thanks to David Schubert for leading the gathering in HWB #46 "I Sing the Mighty Power of God," and HWB #67 "Praise, I will Praise you Lord."


Singing pictures



Walking down the aisle... Mother of the Bride and Greta, carrying our Bible (rather than rings.)


The groom and our minister.  Sincerest thanks to Ann Nofziger for officiating.


It's happening...Thanks, Papa!





Grandparents: Herbert Hoover (far right), Anna Mary Hoover, Paul Conrad, Ann Conrad.















Katie and Belinda played "Our Father, Which Art in Heaven" during a time of meditation and prayer.
I wish I could hear it every day.











Giving and signing the Bible to signify that we pray for our marriage to be based on the Word of God and Jesus Christ.  






almost married...

Amen!



After the ceremony... "Well I guess now... it's time to eat!" 


The food prepared by loving hands of friends and family and under the capable direction of Mama was a huge hit and really couldn't have been better.  I wish we had been able to eat more!
The menu featured cucumber sandwiches and six incredible salads freshly made the day before: 
Sweet Corn and Black Bean
Four Bean Salad
Feta-Craisin Roamaine 
Potato (mama's best!)
Curried Turkey
Pasta Salad
Almond cakes and fresh fruit graced the dessert table.

The favorite photo:

In the background is the punch, a story of cultures mixing.... 
d'ahwoulini, a hibiscus-flower and ginger drink.  


Family Pictures









Praise be to God!
Blessings and Love,
Annette Millogo

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful wedding, looked very lovely. So sorry we couldn't be there. Looking forward to reading about all your experiences in your new country. God bless you both as you begin this new life together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful wedding! Am praying for your safe arrival in Burkina Annette and Adama. Am looking forward to expanding my knowledge of Burkina with your pics.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to see your wedding pictures - it was a lovely day!! I'm excited to hear about you and Adama's new adventures! Our thoughts are with you from Springfield!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning wedding ceremony!! It was really a fantastic blog to read. Looking forward to read more posts like this one. I just got married at a local wedding venue in Los Angeles. I would like to share my wedding pictures on my blog. I will update it soon!

    ReplyDelete