Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday

This morning we visited a church in town, arriving just before a rainstorm hit.
 This church had a guitarist and drummers – for drumset and djembe.  It was hard to hear in a large echoing room with rain pounding on the roof.  The rain slowed down, however, when they began the message. 
As in the suburb church that we attended the past two Sundays, many languages were spoken here.  They spoke in French, another person interpreted in Moore, and they invited several Djioula speakers to sit with a certain person who would interpret for them.  And Adama interpreted for me. 
We had to drive home slowly because of the pwata-pwata (mud).  It was raining as it often does in America… “chor, chor" as they call it here.  

Pictures of the new motorcycle...


... and the pwata-pwata, taken on our way to the cyber cafe today.  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Annette! Since it is coming up on a month since you left the U.S. I decided to check out your blog this morning. I was nicely rewarded with your interesting writing and pictures. I appreciated that you began the blog from the time of your wedding since I wasn't there with you for it. Those pictures were very special for me to see. I hope you can keep this up and I'll look forward to following future posts! --Paul

    ReplyDelete