Thursday, October 2, 2014

"Nansara!"



In Bobo they called me "Tu Baboo!"  Here in Ouaga they say "Nansara, Nansara!" The local language of Ouagadougou is Moore.  
Our host, a friend from university, and Adama remembered their childhood, a time when they also ran after the rare white person to get candies.  Today we bought candy so I could share it with my little friends.  


The store where we bought candies.  (This one is organized beautifully compared to many.)  The shelves hold soap, couscous, oil, milk powder, what they call biscuits, juice, etc....  Below: outside the door of the boutique, children come for the bonbons.  To the left you can see bags of water in the blue case.  People drink water from 6-8 oz. bags, as I've heard is common many places around the world where drinking water is unsafe.  


      Smiling for a photo.  

I don't know how I feel about it...
  

On the way home we passed the neighbor ladies sitting outside with their daughters, braiding hair.  Let's see if a very short video will upload....


No comments:

Post a Comment