Saturday, November 22, 2014

More Food

 Great snack food... just harvested and boiled. 


 Common vegetables for sauce... all of these went into the peanut butter sauce pictured below. 



Rice and fish sauce.  Making sauce: I have three whole fish, cut in three - head, middle section, tail.  I let them set in salty water, then bread them with corn flour and fry in heated oil.  That done and set aside, I fry onions and peppers in the leftover oil.  I add green onions, a habanero hot pepper, and soon after, tomato paste. This time, I take the bones out of the fish before adding it to the sauce.  After frying all this, I add a bit of water, potasse, salt, and maggi (spice).  Now I cover and let boil until any foam disappears from the top.  I pray.  Hey, it's tasty! 


Cutting cucumbers... I'll tell you about making salad another time.  I do know that I love eating greens after feasting on rice etc. for several days!  Lettuce, cucumber, unripe tomato, and onion... and some chicken on the side.  Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment