Sunday, November 30, 2014

Victory in Jesus

 "Ton nom est victoire, victoire est ton nom; si Satan ne ve pas, ca c'est ton nom!  Ton nom est victoire, victoire est ton nom; Ton nom est victoire, ca c'est ton nom."
"Your name is victory, victory is your name; even if Satan doesn't want it, that is your name!  Your name is victory, victory is your name; your name is victory, that is your name."

 Recognizing songs, singing some words here and there - and when I don't or can't, participating with feet and hands - that is a blessing. 

 I didn't stand up to testify this morning, but I sang this song.  Five women gave victorious testimonies.  More wanted come forward.  They testified that calling on the mighty name of Jesus brought victory this week - including victory over the spirit of death and the spirit of anger. 

Victory for me was a won battle against the spirit of crying.  Every day brings a challenge, sometimes great, sometimes small.  Far from home and learning things that take a good measure of strength, I feel I have a right to cry.  And every one of you bears challenges that might merit crying.  But what kind of cry is this?  Self-pity?  Stop!

 I tell you from my treacherous travel of the way: tears of pity, confusion, frustration, anger, defeat.... these do no good. 

First I fought that realization with any justification or scientific "fact" I could find. 
Get rid of my last coping strategy?  Even the thought could set my heart quivering in tears. 

Praise to my Almighty God; Jesus is victorious when I hear the Holy Spirit and cast cast out every evil spirit in Jesus' name. 

Crying out with a loud voice to Him DOES help. It is what can make my heart pulse strongly, joyfully. 

Be strong and joyful in the LORD.  Yes, in the Lord.  I can't do anything by my own strength.  I can't do anything by my own joy. 

As much as I want to bring you strength and joy by revealing to you what would revive true Christians, I am also certain that is the business of the Holy Spirit. 

Wishing you could see, I even wrote a long letter to all of you before realizing that even that is useless.  Only those whom God frees from blindness will understand what is revealed before everyone's eyes.  I don't envy the Holy Spirit's job! 

The mighty name of Jesus frees you!  By Jesus' blood you are victorious.  Be blessed.

 If you want to do something, struggle to pray for one hour - the hour that Jesus' disciples couldn't struggle through.  Pray that every chain will be broken in your life.  Take authority in Jesus' name, by the power he gave you.  Pray that Jesus fights for you. 

I know I am unable to fight for myself.    The spiritual battle is greater than most people understand. It is the grace of God to understand.  It is the grace of God to survive the battle thus far.  It is the grace of God to prosper despite the battle. 

1 comment: